Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Embrace the Clutter

Last summer I was running low on photography inspiration when I came across an idea online called "Embrace the Clutter."  It had something to do with mommy comparisons which I definitely struggle with from time to time, or a lot of the time.  You know all mommies look at one another and think, "Gosh, she has it all together."  Or when you're invited to another mom's home and her home is spotless and well decorated.  Then you think, "She'll never be invited over to my house!"

Well, the truth is.  We all have messy houses.  I'm pretty sure we all do, at least.  Mine is messy ALL the time.  You've heard me say it before that you drop by unexpected, I will meet you outside and not offer for you to come in.  And if I know you are coming, then I will speed clean to make sure at least the rooms you will be in are clean.

So it's time to stop showing only the perfect sides of life and embrace the clutter.  Embrace the messy part of life.  Most likely it's messy because the little people had a blast playing and have moved on to something else fun.  The clutter that I have to claim though is the dirty dishes.  That pile comes from a lazy momma without a dishwasher (although everyone helped add to the pile at some point during the day).

These were taken last summer on June 20th, but I assure you that my house still looks the same today eight months later.

Coffee table always covered in toys.

I think I see canned vegetables back there.
Stuff can't seem to make it into the bucket which is only a few inches away.

Collections of fabric from a fabric buying addiction.

Laundry makes a big clutter.


Landscaping rocks that little ones decided to remove from the landscape.


Party decor still up in garage 3 months after the party.

Recycling makes HUGE clutter!

More party stuff still in garage on daddy's table saw.

Garage sale items that still haven't found a spot in their new home.

Sand should be in sandbox.  Not on the bench.

Even nature makes clutter with dead trees falling over.

More landscaping rocks removed.

Dead plants with way too many decorations stuck in them.

Overcrowded bookshelves.

Rubber ducks found their way out of the bathroom.

Dishes.  Seems like I wash 100 cups a day.
You see. You are not alone with the dirty houses.  You've seen my mess.  Let's just conquer a little clutter at a time.  We're all fighting the same battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind!