Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Time!

I know Christmas has come and gone, but I'm slow at posting on this blog, mainly because my internet connection is SLOW!

Brazos and I had fun making gingerbread cookies for everyone.  He helped by shaking the sprinkles on the icing.  He had lots of fun and made a huge mess!



For gifts I found these cute little jars at World Market that I decorated and filled with Hershey kisses.  The gift tag said, "Kisses from Brazos."  I loved each jar and would have liked to keep each one, but now I just have an excuse to make more!  Here's a few of the jars...





Here's how we wrapped gifts this year.  Lately I've been copying old photos of family members and I had a few extras so I used them as gift tags.  Wasn't Brazos's Nana and Popo precious!



Our first Christmas celebration was at Matt's parent's home on Christmas Eve.  Brazos enjoyed coloring with his Nana while waiting for the rest of the family to arrive.


My nephew Cullen enjoyed his first Christmas.  He was really getting into his presents!  I made him three burp clothes with western themed fabric.


Christmas morning I was very excited for Brazos to run to the tree and see his gifts.  We had made the decision that our children would only get three gifts since the baby Jesus received three gifts from the wise men.  He got a toy tractor, some Hot Wheels, and a shopping cart.  He had a jar of candy holding his stocking up and that was the first thing he went to.  We had to take the candy away just so he would go see the rest of his presents.



Christmas morning we went to church to celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  It was a beautiful service led by Allison Collins.  Christmas carols galore!


The rest of Christmas day was spent at my grandparent's home with all my aunts, uncles, and cousins.  I love it when we all get together!  Brazos had fun playing with his third cousins, Brodie and Braygen.



Well, I'm losing patience with this computer, so that's all folks!  I hope everyone had a joyous Christmas celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind!