Saturday, April 27, 2013

Birthday Fashionista

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of helping a sweet eleven year old plan her birthday party.  When I asked her what kind of theme she wanted for her party she knew exactly what she wanted.....shoes, dresses, and more shoes!  While we were sitting at her dining room table talking party plans she started listing all the places she wanted to display shoes, including hanging some from her dad's deer antlers on the wall.  Fortunately, her mom and I talked her out of hanging shoes from the deer antlers, but in the end we came up with some great ideas for this little birthday fashionista.  {She really is quite the fashion savvy girl.  By just walking into her room you would know by all the headbands that frame her dresser mirror - a color to match every outfit.}

It was a sweet intimate party with a few of her closest friends.  The girls had fun making bracelets, eating cupcakes, and modeling all their new bling-bling.  After Jill blew out her candles she said, "My wish already came true!  I had the perfect birthday party!"  To see the bond between girls at this age is so special, because friendships start to form that will last a lifetime.  The way these girls helped one another put on their bracelets and pose for pictures together, you could tell they have found true friends in one another.

Sandy and I were so blessed to be able to share in this special event.  Sandy even got to sit at the table and be one of the big girls.  I look forward to the days when Sandy has girlfriends of her own to share sweet moments with.


I designed her invitations for her. 
Jill's Barbie dolls were perfect for her party.  Their dresses made the evening even more fashionable!






The birthday girl even made little Miss Sandy a bracelet.












I agree with Jill and say that this was the perfect party for an aspiring fashion designer.

Happy Birthday, Fashionista Jill!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind!