Thursday, May 24, 2012

Valentine's Day

I really miss Valentine's Day at school because it is the MOST exciting day of the year. The kids are excited to hand out Valentine cards and we get to eat lots of yummy sweets.  Look at this spread of sweets we had one year!




One year I even made Valentine boxes for every kid in my class as my Valentine gift to them.  We even made cute crafts to celebrate the day like this "Love Bug" and "Lovely Butterflies".






But at home Valentine's Day is a bit more low key.  I had given Brazos a marshmallow cupcake that was the cutest candy I'd ever seen.  He devoured every piece of it and was buzzing all day long.  I had given Sandy a pink sock monkey that was calling my name at the store.  I had bought it before she was born hoping that I would have a little girl to give it to. I like to think the toys are like the toys in Toy Story.  This sock monkey is so happy to have this sweet little girl as her owner.  I think they'll be friends for a long time.
 
 
 





I can't wait till the kids are in school and we can make Valentine's to pass out to all their classmates.  Who knows, maybe we'll throw a Valentine's party at the house next year and invite YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind!