Saturday, March 19, 2011

Graham Crackers

When you become a mom you become familiar with every sound in your house.  You know the sound of cabinets opening and closing.  You know the sound every toy makes and can recite every song with the toys.  You know the sound of things being pushed across the floor.  Even when you go to sleep your ears are never turned off and you automatically hear the sound of your child crying in the middle of the night.

This afternoon I fell asleep on the couch.  I tried to get Brazos to take a nap with me, but he wasn't tired yet.  I had my ears turned on as I dozed off to sleep.  Within a few minutes, I heard the sound of silence.  As a mom you also know that the sound of silence usually means your little one has found some trouble and they're digging in it real deep.  So I got up off the couch and went to find Brazos.  Here is what I found...


He had found a box of graham crackers and was chompin' away.  I picked him up and put him in his high chair to finish his snack.  I laid back on the couch while he ate, and once again within a few minutes I heard silence.  I sat up to look at him and this time he was napping in his high chair.  Sweet dreams little one.

(Just to let you know, Matt was sleeping on the floor in the midst of all this and never woke up.  Once you become a parent, you realize that dads don't leave thier ears turned on when they go to sleep.  They hear nothing at all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind!